Homelessness Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction
People experiencing homelessness are more exposed to the risks from disaster events such as floods, cyclones and bushfires. Supporting people at risk to be prepared for a disaster can help save lives and build resilience.
To address this issue, Community Recovery has partnered with the University of Sydney, Queenslanders with Disability Network and Community Services Industry Alliance and The University of Sydney to develop a Person-Centred Emergency Preparedness (P-CEP) Homelessness Outreach toolkit and educational resources for the emergency sector and other service providers that assist people experiencing homelessness.
The Homelessness and Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (HIDRR) project is jointly funded by the Department of Treaty, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships, Communities and the Arts (formerly DCHDE) and the Queensland Resilience and Risk Reduction Fund.
- Project overview infographic (PDF, 524KB)
- Watch HIDRR webinars
- Results of the Organisational Survey of Housing and Homelessness Providers (PDF, 674KB)
P-CEP Homelessness Outreach toolkit
- P-CEP Homelessness Outreach toolkit overview infographic (PDF, 442KB)
- P-CEP Homelessness Outreach guide (PDF, 1.5MB)
- P-CEP Conversation starter – 5 ways to create psychological and emotional safety (PDF, 457KB)
- P-CEP Homelessness Outreach video-based learning module
- Watch lived experience of homelessness stories
- Lived experience homelessness infographic (PDF, 826KB)
Emergency Sector Disability Awareness Training
- Emergency Sector Disability Awareness overview infographic (PDF, 222KB)
- Emergency Sector Disability Awareness Learning Modules in three parts (1) introduction; (2) advocacy; (3) representation
- Learn about Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction
- About the HIDRR project, email email@example.com.