We fund Volunteering Queensland to promote volunteering, provide a volunteer referral service, training and sector support for volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations. Volunteering Queensland also provides registration services for emergency volunteers during disasters when activated by the Queensland State Disaster Coordination Centre.
Volunteers can view our volunteering page for information about:
- the benefits of volunteering
- volunteering opportunities
- legal information
- checks and screening
- or visit Volunteering Queensland.
Volunteer-involving organisations can view Volunteering Queensland’s website to:
- advertise volunteering opportunities
- access resources for volunteer managers
- find training programs
- find volunteering dates and events.
Queensland Volunteering Action Partnership
The Queensland Volunteering Action Partnership (the Partnership) brings government, community and corporate sectors together to increase volunteering participation and realise the social, economic and cultural benefits for Queensland communities.
Membership includes representatives from Volunteering Queensland, regional Queensland, University of Queensland, Community Services Industry Alliance, Local Government Association of Queensland, Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland, Queenslanders with Disability Network, Red Cross Queensland and a youth representative.
Government agencies include those involved in fire and emergency services, sport and recreation, tourism and local government, and working with First Nations Queenslanders and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
The first meeting of the Partnership was held on 21 July 2020.
An Action Plan has been developed to address current issues in volunteering. Key actions include working with Volunteering Queensland to broaden the role of Care Army volunteers , building on the goodwill and awareness generated during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Publications and research
- The State of Volunteering in Queensland 2021 Report
- ABS Voluntary work and unpaid work/support – Key statistics
- 2016 State of Volunteering in Australia
- Volunteering Australia's National Standards for Volunteering Involvement
- Find out how Queensland's Care Army continues to support our communities
- Community Recovery Ready Reserve (registrations for Queensland Government staff only)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Last updated:
- 28 October 2022