About the aged care properties project
The Queensland Government is buying vacant former aged care properties to provide safe and secure housing to people in urgent need of a home.
We’ve purchased and leased 4 aged care properties since January 2023 as an innovative solution to help people in immediate need of housing:
Each property will be managed by a housing provider who will:
- allocate new residents to the properties along with the local Housing Service Centre
- manage the properties day-to-day
- help the residents find support, such as financial, employment and wellbeing services.
Residents will be eligible for social housing and may include older people, single adults and couples, people with mobility issues, and people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
We’re committed to supporting people in housing need and increasing housing supply.
We are continuing to acquire more properties throughout the state to help people in need of housing.
To find out more about this project, contact 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
If you need housing help:
- call 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- call the Homeless Hotline on 1800 474 753
- visit www.qld.gov.au/housinghelp.
- Last updated:
- 11 August 2023